At Munich’s Business Startup Office we provide Munich citizens with basic knowledge about starting a business or working in the liberal professions.
We offer support in the following areas to help you go self-employed:
- Start-up formalities
- Business plan
- Choice of legal form and tax overview
- Social and company insurance
- Subsidies and financial aid
- Seminars and events
- Office space and start-up centers
Our services are free of charge. Please note that we cannot advise on insurance, tax, or legal issues. We have compiled and checked the content of this site with great care. However, we do not undertake any guarantee of completeness or topicality. We are not responsible for external content to which the site links.
The City of Munich offers its services to entrepreneurs as a partner of Münchner Existenzgründungs-Büros (MEB), a joint initiative with the Chamber of Commerce and Industry (IHK) for Munich and Upper Bavaria.
Find the right point of contact quickly:
- The Chamber of Skilled Crafts (HWK) offers advice on starting a skilled crafts business.
- If you want to start a business in agriculture and forestry or hunting and fishing, you will find your point of contact here.
- For start-ups from abroad your point of contact is here.
- For non-EU citizens planning to set up a commercial / freelancing activity in Munich and who are going to apply for a visa for self-employment your point of contact is here.