We offer support in the following areas to help you go self-employed:
- Start-up formalities
- Business plan
- Choice of legal form and tax overview
- Social and company insurance
- Subsidies and financial aid
- Seminars and events
- Office space and start-up centers
Our services are free of charge. Please note that we cannot advise on insurance, tax, or legal issues.
The City of Munich offers its services to entrepreneurs as a partner of Munich’s Business Startup Office (MEB), a joint initiative with the Chamber of Commerce and Industry (IHK) for Munich and Upper Bavaria.
Find the right point of contact quickly:
- The Chamber of Skilled Crafts (HWK) offers advice on starting a skilled crafts business.
- If you want to start a business in agriculture and forestry or hunting and fishing, you will find your point of contact here.
- For start-ups from abroad your point of contact is here.
- For non-EU citizens planning to set up a commercial / freelancing activity in Munich and who are going to apply for a visa for self-employment your point of contact is here.
Startup assistance by phone and email
We provide basic knowledge about starting a business or working in the liberal professions, and help you take the first steps towards self-employment.